Frequently Asked Questions
- How does solar panel work?
- What is the difference between On-Grid and Off-Grid?
- What is Net Metering?
- What is FIT (Feet in Tariff)?
When sunlight hits a solar panel, the panel starts generating “DC” (Direct Current) electricity. The DC electricity is fed into a solar inverter that converts it into “AC” (Alternating Current) electricity. AC electricity is used to power homes, businesses and communities.
Any excess power that you generate goes into the main power grid if your system is grid-tied. If your system is off-grid, any excess electricity is stored in a battery pack.
Simply put, your electrical system is still tied to the national power grid. A grid-tied system brings in electricity from the national power grid when your solar power system is not producing electricity, i.e. at night. There is no need for batteries unless brownouts in your area are a constant problem. A grid-tied system ensures that you have electricity whenever you need it.
An off-Grid solar power system is entirely separated from the national power grid. You will need batteries to store power generated from your solar panels. This type of system is commonly found in rural and distant areas that have little or no access to the national power grid.
This power meter keeps track of any excess power that you generate. What does this mean for you? If you produce more energy than you consume, you will be paid for it.
To qualify for FIT, you would need a solar power system larger than 100KW. Also, there are certain terms and conditions that you have to meet. Read more about FIT.
Easy Steps to your own Solar Energy System
Consultation and Planninng
We sit down and discuss your solar power requirements. We walk you through a range of solar power options to help you find the best solution at the most competitive rate.
We develop a customized proposal tailored to your energy needs.
Implementation and Design
We finalize the design and start the installation process. We handle all necessary aspects of the installation including permits and applications from government offices.
We install your solar power system and make sure that your system is up and running before we leave site.
Significant Savings on Power Cost
Congratulations! Your system is now installed. You can now start enjoying savings from your electricity bills.
Fun Facts about Solar Energy
- Solar power can be traced back to 7B.C. where our ancestors used primitive magnifying glasses to create fire from sunlight.
- The main raw material used to create solar panels is ordinary sand.
- It takes 8.3 minutes for light from the Sun to travel the Earth.
- The Earth receives more energy from the sun in one hour than the energy consumptions of the entire world in one year.
- The energy from one day of sunshine can power the entire world for 27 years.
- It would take less than 1% of the Earth’s total land area covered in solar panels to supply the entire world’s energy needs. That’s roughly the land area of Spain.
- Solar Panels have been used to power spaceships since 1958.